Note that some of the roundtables will take place in locations near the Buckingham neighborhood, including the Central Library and Washington-Lee High School.
For information about the Joint Facility Advisory Committee and its activities, see https://commissions.arlingtonva.us/jfac/
Tackling Big Needs Within Arlington’s Limited Space
Invitation to Roundtables
Join the Joint Facilities Advisory Commission (JFAC) members for a small interactive roundtable discussion about the unique opportunities that Arlington County has to acquire new land, and the tough questions that JFAC is tackling over the next six months. Arlington has limited space for urgent needs such as schools, parks, recreational facilities, and essential operational and support services like school and ART bus parking, equipment and storage, and contractor staging.
During the roundtables, participants will have the opportunity to help inform JFAC on their recommendations to the County and School Boards, including specific tasks related to the Buck property on N. Quincy Street, a related potential land exchange involving property on Shirlington Road, and the Virginia Hospital Center’s Carlin Springs/Lee Highway/16th St. North sites.
Registration is free and required. Due to limited space, we ask that participants register for only one roundtable, to allow everyone interested the opportunity to participate.
Register NOW to Attend a Roundtable
- March 7, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Fairlington Community Center, Room 134
- March 8, 10:30 a.m to 12:30 p.m., Westover Library
- March 9, 7 to 9 p.m., Kenmore Middle School, Room 181
- March 11, 1 to 3 p.m., Arlington Mill Community Center, Room 527 A&B
- March 13, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Central Library, 2nd floor conf. room
- March 16, 1 to 3 p.m., Long Branch Nature Center
- March 21, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Shirlington Library, Conference Room
- March 22, 7 to 9 p.m., Key Elementary School, Room 317
- March 23, 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., Washington-Lee High School, Room 1011
- March 25, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Langston-Brown Community Center, Room 109
Joint Facilities Advisory Commission (JFAC) is an advisory body jointly appointed by the County Board and the School Board. The JFAC mission is to provide input to the Boards on capital facilities needs assessment, capital improvement plans and long-range facility planning for both the Arlington County Government and Arlington Public Schools. More about JFAC.
Leave a Reply